Formal multi-disciplinary visits by the regional QA team are an important part of the NHS cervical screening programme in the South West Region. The purpose of these visits is to
- Assess the performance of local screening programmes against national and regional standards in particular NHSCSP Publications and identify the reasons for any deviation from these standards.
- Assess whether there is good communication and co-operation between all parts of the cervical screening service in each area.
- Support professionals working within the cervical screening programme in the Region in providing a high quality service
- Provide a basis on which to report on the quality of the services provided, to the organisations involved, the Regional Director of Public Health and the National Screening Programme.
- Identify areas of good practice that can be disseminated through the regional QA structures to the rest of the services within the Region.
Quality Assurance Visit Protocol
Multidisciplinary Visit Timetable.