Freedom of Information

The Freedom of Information Act 2000 requires every NHS organisation to have a Publication Scheme that tells people what information is routinely available to them and how to get it. The South West Public Health Observatory (SWPHO) is hosted by Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust (SUHT) and as such is included within the SUHT Publication Scheme.

However, as the work of the SWPHO is quite distinct from that of SUHT, we have decided to publish a SWPHO-specific scheme to sit alongside our host's. This will give a full picture of our organisation's functions, structure, finance and governance and underscores our ongoing commitment to openness and transparency. For further information regarding the SWPHO, please see a copy of the SWPHO Publication Scheme.

The documents listed in our Publication Scheme can either be found on the SWPHO website, the SUHT website or a copy may be requested via the contact details below.

Making a Freedom of Information request
You can make a Freedom of Information request by emailing or writing to:

Freedom of Information Officer
Knowledge and Intelligence Team (South West)
Public Health England
Grosvenor House
149 Whiteladies Road

When you make a request we will make every effort to provide you with the information requested. We may ask you a few questions to make sure we know exactly what you want. Then we check to see what information we hold that relates to your request.

If we do not have any, we will tell you as soon as possible. If we can, we will suggest where else you may be able to get it. If we have the information, you will normally be given a copy within 20 working days. We will try to provide the information in the way you prefer, e.g. on paper or electronically.

If you would like to find out more about the Freedom of Information Act 2000 please see the Information Commissioner's website.

If you are unhappy with the way we handled your request for information, please contact:

Mr T A Malik
Deputy Director
SWPHO, Grosvenor House
149 Whiteladies Road

If you are still unhappy after contacting us, you can then take your complaint to the Information Commissioner.