About the HES Team
Hospital Episode Statistics (HES) is a data warehouse containing details of all admissions to NHS hospitals in England. It includes private patients treated in NHS hospitals, patients who were resident outside of England and care delivered by treatment centres (including those in the independent sector) funded by the NHS. HES also contains details of all NHS outpatient appointments in England.
The HES Service and the HESonline website are run by Northgate Information Solutions on behalf of The NHS Information Centre for Health and Social Care.
The South West Public Health Observatory:
- analyses HES data
- produces regularly updated key health indicators for PCTs and Local Authorities based on summaries of HES data
- uses HES data in SWPHO reports
- writes and contributes to articles for journals on a range of topics based on analyses of the HES data sets
- contributes to conference presentations using HES (and other) data
- responds to ad hoc enquiries from PCTs, NHS Trusts and others using HES data
For more information, please contact:
Roy Maxwell, Senior Analyst: email@example.com